Saturday, April 10, 2010

When you reach me - Rebecca Stead

I've recently read When you reach me by Rebecca Stead - the 2009 Newbery (yes, Newbery only has one r I'm embarrassed to discover after years of mis-spelling) Medal winner and it is a GREAT book - funny, sad, clever, endearing, mysterious, complex and thought-provoking, about friendship and time...

I loved it - and I'm not the only one ! Here is a rave review from one of my favourite blogs Fuse #8 by Elizabeth Bird http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/afuse8production/2009/04/30/review-of-the-day-when-you-reach-me-by-rebecca-stead/

At the end of her blog post, there is a link to another blog Educating Alice by a teacher who read this book to her 4th grade students (Year 5 / 6) http://medinger.wordpress.com/?s=when+you+reach+me&searchbutton=Go! and also their blog post responses...

This book is available in paperback in NZ
ISBN 9781921 656064

This book pays homage to Madeline L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time - if you loved that book you may well love this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment