Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Making books and lighthouse libraries

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord has a wonderful website with inspiration and instructions for making hand made books with children using recycled materials - brown grocery paper bags etc. Making the books is a brilliant catalyst for getting children writing in them...
"Making books has been my passion for the past twenty years. I am inspired by book forms from different cultures. I use recycled materials and keep the process as simple as possible—no rulers allowed here. I believe we are all creative beings. I encourage you to celebrate that creativity with books of your own."

http://makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com/

The October post on this blog is an account and image of the travelling lighthouse libraries that were rotated around the various lighthouses in the US in the 1800s http://makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com/2010/10/lighthouse-libraries.html
I wonder what titles were on lighthouse shelves in NZ ?

No comments:

Post a Comment