Monday, November 1, 2010

Promoting EPIC

Here is a useful post on the school library listserv from Senga White, SLANZA President and Schools Rep on the EPIC Governance Group about how she promotes EPIC at her school :

Here at James Hargest College I promote EPIC extensively:
  • All Y8 students are introduced to Encyclopaedia Britannica at our junior campus
  • At Y9 I teach all classes how to use Biography Resource Centre through Science when they study famous scientists
  • At Y10 I teach all classes how to use ANZ Ref Centre, Masterfile Premier, General Onefile and Discovering Collection in relation to a study of Pacific Island nations
  • Y11-13 I do more in-depth classes specifically related to their assignments which are as varied as History, PE, Biology, Chemistry, Art History, English and Music.
  • For the first time this year I worked with Scholarship PE students
  • I also offer to Y13 students sessions in advanced use of EPIC databases that they can come to during their study periods
  • I also offer PD sessions to staff with a view to them using the databases with their classes and for their own study
If anyone wants to know more details please send me an email and I’d be happy to answer any specific questions.
Senga White RLIANZA
Library Manager James Hargest College
Schools’ Rep-EPIC Governance Group
LIBOFFICE@jameshargest.school.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment