Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Book spine poems

Book Spine Poem blog post from http://bookends.booklistonline.com/ :

Over at 100 Scope Notes Travis is building a gallery of book spine poems. I was fascinated by this idea and had to try it out. Since this is Women’s History Month I decided to build on that and my love of storytelling. Here’s my found poem, “Every Girl Tells a Story.” Read down the stack of books, reading only the titles (a teacher of mine says this poem reads just as well from the bottom of the stack up–I wonder if she knows about reverso poems ?!
I could easily get addicted to this activity. While scanning my library’s shelves for this poem, I got ideas for many more. Spine labels can be annoying, though, when they get in the way of good words! I’m thinking a book spine poetry contest is in order in April at my middle schools…

spiny-girl-poem-sm1

No comments:

Post a Comment