Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sharp Shades fiction series

My friend and colleague Dyane keeps me posted about books of interest, now that she is in Christchurch with a collection at her fingertips! Here is a recommendation from her for that challenging area of appealing high-interest / low reading level fiction...

"Have you come across the series Sharp Shades - fiction aimed at lower level readers for year 7- 13? Big font, sprinkled with illustrations, short chapters and aimed at that level of boy in particular. One title I read last night was Doing the double. I would highly recommend it!"

Published by Evans, National Library has these titles :
  • Doing the double / Alan Durant'
  • Hunter's Moon / by John Townsend ; adapted by David Belbin
  • Plague / David Orme ; adapted by David Belbin
  • Wrong exit / Mary Chapman
  • Blitz / David Orme.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jeannie, - it makes me feel ever so special to have a mention!

    ReplyDelete