Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Telling a story...

Following on from the last post - about being able to tell a story...

Here is part of an Acknowledgment for Paul Reynolds by Courtney Johnston from her blog Best of 3 :

"I don't know what the story is", he roared in the last meeting I attended with him. "You need to tell me a story!" So I told him a story; a story about dusty books on dark shelves that were full of treasure and wonder, but languishing unknown, which - with a little money and a little effort and a little good will - we could rescue, and release out into the world where they could become useful and marvellous again. And he said thank you, and threw himself behind the idea. So that's what I'll remember, and take into the world with me - the need to tell stories, to excite people, to bring power to your ideas."

This is one of the most interesting blogs I've visited - personal, insightful, eclectic, informative, professional, inspiring.

And in fact, those are probably some good words to describe the late Paul Reynolds too.

Courtney Johnston : art, books and tweeting http://flavors.me/auchmill
Best of 3 blog : http://best-of-3.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment