Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tumble Books - a great online resource

Michelle from Whau Valley School shared this resource at a JuLS workshop this week... Check it out - I've just enjoyed Ace Lacewing: Bad Bugs Are My Business

"Tumble Books is a great website where you can find a range of books (with activities to accompany them online) at different levels. You can select a book and it will read it aloud while showing some animations/pictures to go with the story and some of the texts even highlight the words that are being read aloud. Worth a look. Here's what to do : Google Tumble Books and then scroll down until you get to the site that says 'Login to Tumble Books' and click to enter..."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leading me to Tumble Books. I have heard about this site before, but never quite got to have a look. It is a fantastic site, and is just amazing for using on my Smart Board. I love reading aloud to the class, but to have someone else read, and to have the animated illustrations is such a good alternative - adds to the variety of the reading /language programme. The kids just love it too. For those that don't have interactive white-boards, a white screen and a projector will work just fine. Also great as a headphone activity for a smallish reading group - link the head phones to a laptop (using a head-phone splitter) - and voila - the children will not want to go to the next task board activity :-)

    Tumble Books is definitely on my favourites, and has been linked to my "e-book page" in my Smart Board folder. Go and have a look at Tumble Books, and you will be smitten :-) (Nancy - Waipu Primary School)

    ReplyDelete